Sunday, May 15, 2011

"Gotcha" Day (repost)

OK, so it appears my post from last night, "Gotcha Day," is lost somewhere in cyberspace.  Apparantly I tried to attach too many pictures!  I tried to repost with three pictures and that didn't work so I'm going to repost it now with only one.  Check out her big, white bow...she really is an Anderson girl!!  Sorry...I hope to add more pictures soon and I'll try to update again later tonight.
 
 
Today was "Gotcha" day.  They brought Sophie to our hotel around 3:00 p.m.  As you can see from some of our pictures, things didn't go so well at first.  The orphanage workers handed her to us and she cried pretty hard for the first 20 minutes.  We held her and tried to comfort her as best we could and she finally began to calm down.  Tonight she seems to (hopefully) be starting to attach herself to us.  We've even gotten a few smiles from her!!
 
Tomorrow morning we head over to the Civil Affairs office where Sophie will officially become ours.  She'll be seeing the people from the orphanage there, so we're hopeful that she doesn't try to reattach herself to them.  We know there could be some rough days ahead with fear and screaming, so please continue to pray that the Lord would supernaturally attach her heart to ours.
 
I'll leave you with some pics...

1 comment: