Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day Three in Guangzhou

Sophie had another pretty good day today.  She has definitely learned how to throw a fit now, though.  She's also learning how to play "peek-a-boo" which is really cute.  I'm gonna try to post a video of it to the blog, but not sure if I can through e-mail.  Beth and I sure are looking forward to getting her home and into a more normal routine.  She needs time to play on the floor and explore some new toys.

 

Today started with a visit to the Guangzhou Zoo.  It's a really nice zoo and we enjoyed seeing all the animals.  We even got to see a Panda Bear!!  As you can probably see from one of the pictures I posted, Blake spent much of the time at the zoo being chased by the girls in our group…such a ladies man!!

 

This evening we met Chris, a work contact of Beth's who lives in Guangzhou, for dinner.  We went to a really good Irish Pub close to the hotel for fish and chips.  It was delicious…a welcome change from pizza and hamburgers.  I think we'll be going there again!!  Tomorrow afternoon, Chris is going to take us to another area of the city to see the Canton Tower, which is currently the tallest completed tower in the world.

 

After dinner tonight I went out to the supermarket here to buy some formula for Sophie.  While looking through the different selections, a very nice Chinese woman came over to try to help me.  She said something to me in her native language that certainly was intended to be very helpful.  Unfortunately I had no idea what she said.  Seeing the perplexed look on my face and realizing I didn't understand her, she did what every American I know would have done in a similar situation…she said what appeared to be the exact same thing again…only louder!!!

 

Only three more nights for us here in Guangzhou.  On Friday, we head to Hong Kong, where we fly out on Saturday morning.  I know I sound like a broken record…we really love the people of China, but we're ready to get home.

 

Until next time…

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment